Make Mole Turkey Pot Pie this Holiday!
November 20, 2022
HERNÁN Mole Turkey Pot Pie
Total Time: 40 minutes
2 sheets of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
1 jar Hernan Mole Poblano
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup diced celery
2 1/2 cups leftover turkey, diced
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 1/8 inch thick. Using a sharp knife cut 4 circles 2 inches larger than the diameter of the ramekin. Place the dough rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the sauce, combine mole paste and 1 1/2 cups of broth in a saucepan, stir and simmer over low medium heat for two to four minutes until the paste completely dissolves. The mole should have the texture of a thick cream sauce. If it is too thick add the additional ½ cup broth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until the onion is tender and translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add celery and cook for 2 more minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Stir in the turkey and the frozen peas and carrots and cook until the vegetables and turkey are warmed through, about 2 minutes. Pour in the mole sauce and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Transfer to 4 (12 oz.) ramekins.
- To make the egg wash, in a small bowl whisk together the egg and ¼ cup of water. Place the puff pastry discs on top of the ramekins, pressing down the sides firmly around the edges of the ramekin so it adheres to them. Brush the disc rounds with egg wash. Using a knife, make a ½ inch slit on the top of each pie.
- Place the ramekins on a foil-lined sheet tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.