¡Que rico! HERNÁN Vegan Churros Recipe
HERNÁN Vegan Churros
Serves 4 to 6
1 cup + 2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons vegan butter (unsalted) or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon refined sea salt
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
3 tablespoons Just Egg (vegan egg substitute)
1/2 cup sugar
½ - 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Preparation:Combine water, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low-medium and add flour all at one time.
- Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the dough begins to separate from the sides of the pot, 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Let the dough cool for 5 minutes then add Just Egg. Beat with a wooden spoon or with the electric hand mixer until it comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Fit a heavy bottomed pot with a thermometer. Pour in the oil until it measures 3 inches. Heat over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°F.
- Squeeze the batter into the oil to form 4-inch long ribbons (use kitchen shears to cut batter at the end of the star tip), fry until golden brown about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the oil to a paper plate lined with paper towels. Let cool 5 minutes, then toss in cinnamon sugar to coat. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Enjoy warm with HERNÁN Mexican Hot Chocolate!